The Prediabetes Health Professional Tool Kit has been updated with a new list of all National DPP Sites in Minnesota, a revised Screening-referral form, and the Diabetes and Prediabetes in MN 2012 Factsheet (December 13, 2012)
I CAN Prevent Diabetes is a collaborative, community-based, lifestyle change program designed for people with pre-diabetes. The Minnesota Individuals and Communities Acting Now (I CAN) Prevent Diabetes offers diabetes prevention education and support for people with pre-diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented or delayed in people with pre-diabetes if they make simple changes to increase physical activity and lose weight.
This program provides the tools to prevent or delay adult type 2 diabetes where you live.
- Resources on Diabetes Nutrition and Preventative Pre-diabetes Physical Activity
- Training Opportunities for I CAN PD Program Coaches
- Instruction and Coaching for Diabetes Prevention Focused on Nutrition and Physical Activity
- An Evidence-Based 16 Week Class Curriculum
- Strategies for Involving People in Community, Work or Clinic Settings
- Tips for Partnering With Other Organizations in Your Community to Defeat Diabetes
- Resources for Promoting your Program and Tracking your Progress
- A Diabetes Prevention Model that Builds Partnerships Between MinnesotaCommunity Health Care Providers, Local Fitness Centers and Public Health Officials